Sunday, August 10, 2008

Weddings, People & Places


Hello!  This week was a busy one.  I was able to tour the state of Michigan doing a little photography work.  Just as the title states I was photographing weddings, people and when I had a little down time I had the chance to photograph a few places.  Above it a photo of picture under the Mackinaw Bridge.  The "Big Mac" as it is called is quite a spectacular bridge.  It spans five miles over some very treaterous (sp?) waters.  I did not have a chance to photograph the bridge until after 10pm one evening.  In order to get good photos in the dark you need a tripod where you can leave the shutter open to collect light.  There was no visible light when I took the above photo.  

 The bottom photo was taken from the angle at the same time frame, after 10pm in the evening.  I had to put the camera, Canon 5D, on a tripod and leave the shutter open for 15 - 20 seconds or so.  I forget exactly how long but had to play with the settings to ensure the perfect combination.  


0 comments: