Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Wedding Dress Shot

I push myself for creative ways in photographing the wedding details. The wedding dress is an item that a bride spends endless amounts of time searching for, trying on, and posing in. I typically survey the surroundings of the wedding ceremony location and then develop an idea of a picture I have for the wedding dress. In a recent wedding there were not any real window locations close so I searched high and low for another location. Luckily for me the bride was no where to be found and did not see where I took her lovely dress - because if she did I might not have been able to photograph her beautiful dress in this location.
With the help of editing I was able to emphasize the textures involved in this church basement location. I was caught by the church pianist as I was scouting this location, I told her I loved this door. She looked at me like I was out of my mind and said yes it is old.
Here is the end result:


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome shot, it is smple but says so much. Great job in capturing this image. You have a very unique and creative eye for photography!